Thursday, February 11, 2010

Should I even use a clear top coat on epoxy floors?

I own auto repair shops. I've tried 3 industrial brands of epoxy (not home store Rustoleum stuff) and each one has lasted less than 1 1/2 years before showing obvious signs of wear. I'm contemplating just skipping the decorative flakes and clear top coat. It seems the top coat is never very durable. They quickly wear down and expose the chips, which end up getting knocked off / worn down until I have bare epoxy. I figure if i skip the flakes and top coat, I'll just have solid epoxy to wear down until it hits bare concrete. So, the wear won't be as evident until we hit concrete. Is the top coat necessary? Is it supposed to be more durable than the epoxy?Should I even use a clear top coat on epoxy floors?
Hello.





I work for Rust-Oleum and have you ever thought about trying the DIY kit?


If you want industrial strength I would suggest using our Professional version, link attched.





With our kit you don't have to add the chips or a clear coat if you prefer not to do so.





If you have any questions feel free to contact our customer service department at 1-800-323-3584.





Thanks and I hope this helps.
  • consolidate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment