Thursday, February 11, 2010

I just paint my garage floor with Rust-Oleum Epoxy-shield. Is there a clear coat I can use on the floor now?

you need to use the Rust-Oleum Epoxy Shield Premium Clear Coating.





EPOXYShield庐 Premium Clear Coating is a 2-part high performance


epoxy for ultimate adhesion, durability and chemical resistance.


When used over other EPOXYShield庐 coatings, EPOXYShield庐


Premium Clear Coating adds an extra layer of protection and


provides a high gloss showroom quality finish.





http://rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=鈥?/a>I just paint my garage floor with Rust-Oleum Epoxy-shield. Is there a clear coat I can use on the floor now?
Wait 72 hours for the paint to cure. Apply 4 coats of ZEP high traffic floor finish using a grout sponge and 30 minutes between coats. Just pour the sealer on the floor and spread it around using the sponge. It is self leveling. Work your way out of the garage and place the sponge in a plastic bag between coats.


I hope you followed the directions to a t on the can of epoxy......etching.....priming and painting.I just paint my garage floor with Rust-Oleum Epoxy-shield. Is there a clear coat I can use on the floor now?
did you remove the original sealer and etch the floor if not you may have a problem with your paint sticking to the floor as for your clear coat you will need to rough up your new paint for the clear coat to stick otherwise it will peel off
Yes, Rust-Oleum makes a clear coat kit just for your application. Go to www.homedepot.com and punch in part# 225225. This kit sells for around $100 in my area.
I dont care what you put on it, hot tire pickup is gonna happen eventually, I am not going to do that anymore, going with the vinyl snap it system

No comments:

Post a Comment